2010. december 26., vasárnap

The Gap-fill Syndrome - does it really exist or it's just a hype to feed language methodologists

Here's another excerpt from the same study:
" Currently,  it  seems  that  the use  of flms  in English  language teaching in many classrooms around the world is suffering from a dominant ‘Gap-fill Syndrome’, a common tendency of teachers to engage their learners in ‘relentless’ viewing and listening gap-fill activities."
I like that expression 'gap-fill syndrome'. I feel compelled to say 'No, I'm most certainly not suffering from such illness'. Moreover I'm inclined to think that my philosophy of creating gap-fill exercises for ESL students based on film scripts is as solid as rock: 'Never ever do my such gap-fills at the same time as watching that part of the film. Do these exercises after you have watched the film in full or in parts as many times as you like and till you find they give you enough educational thrill!'
And this idea of mine has never changed and never will as long as I create gap-fill activities based on film scripts!    

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése